View Kaulana Pali Kai “Beautiful Ocean Coast Tour” in a larger map
Driving directions: West on Hwy. 50 to Waimea. Continue west on Hwy. 50 approximately 1 mile past Waimea, turn left into Kikiaola Small Boat Harbor (blue and white sign). Parking lot on right.
CONTACT: Please call us ahead to schedule at 808-346-6853
How long does it take to get to the Harbor? Where are you located?
- There are no freeways! Yay! so 30 minutes is…30 minutes.
- We estimated your lifestyles and world clock, and chosen reasonable check-in hours.
- We are 3-6 hours behind your Western USA time, and for East Asia and Europe we are 3-12 hours ahead.
- Check-in is 7am for mornings. (Summer) Check-in is 1pm for afternoons. (Summer)
- The captain leaves 15 minutes after check-in.
- Please inform us of where your staying when you call in so we can better inform you.
- Winter and Whale Season Check-in is at 8am.
- Please call if you are running late so we can accommodate everyone accordingly.
- Depart from Northshores-Hanalei, Moloaa, Makana (Princeville): 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Depart from Eastshores-Kapaa, Waipouli, Wailua, Lihue, Kalapaki, Nawiliwili: 45 min-1 hour.
- Depart from Southshores-Koloa, Poipu, Kalaheo: 30-45 minutes.
- Depart from Westshores-Kalaheo, Eleele (Port Allen), Waimea: 2-15 minutes.
- Directions will be provided with the Reservation Hold Confirmation Email.
- Google Map ™ Mapquest ™ Yahoo Map™ inform you that the dock is located in Waimea or Kekaha, but not the exact location.
- Please call us 72 hours ahead to reschedule at 808-346-6853
Your captain will give you a briefing before the tour departs.
Will the Kauai bus take me to the Check-In Location?
The bus does have a route which runs between Lihue and Kekaha. You can download the Kekaha Bus Schedule from http://www.kauai.gov/Government/Departments/TransportationAgency/BusSche… and also find the schedule of any connecting bus routes you need (for instance if you are in Hanalei you will need to take the Hanalei to Lihue bus and transfer at a shared stop). The “Old Kekeha Store” stop will take you slightly past the harbor but is not a very far walk. If you miss that stop you can jump off at the intersection of Elepaio road and Pueo road, but then you will be about a mile and a half away. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to ask the bus driver what stop is nearest the harbor and they will likely point it out for you as you pass.
What if we are on the Norwegian Cruise Liner Hawaii ( NCL )?
Our NCL crew member has shared with us, that you have a very short time to be here. Yup, we also know the drill of cruise ships. Please notify us if you are coming from the NCL. We have Thursday afternoons at 1pm available for you, which returns by 6pm. This will be your only availability for both NCL crew members and tourists. We suggest that you catch a taxi for an estimated $100 or rent a car for an approx. $25-300 on car type. The Kauaʻi bus takes an hour in both directions, which doesnʻt provide the time schedule youʻll need. (You would need to take the shuttle to the car rental office and reserve a vehicle.)